Clerk's Elections Line: 248-625-5113
The Clerk is responsible for administering all federal, state, county and local elections held in Independence Township. The Clerk also maintains the Township’s voter registration records through direct access to Michigan's Qualified Voter File (QVF) system in cooperation with Michigan's Secretary of State. Michigan election law designates the Secretary of State as "chief election officer" with supervisory control over local election officials in the performance of their election related duties.
No Independence Township elections scheduled for 2021
Click on any Underlined Topic to Access Information On:
- Voter Registration Application
- Application for Absent Voter Ballot (No elections at this time - Available 75 days prior to an election)
- Federal Post Card Application and Instructions (FPCA ballot request form for Military/Overseas Voters)
- Request to Spoil Absentee Ballot
- Michigan Election and Voter Information
This is the Secretary of State (SOS) link to view your:
Voter Registration status, Sample Ballots, Polling Location, Absentee Ballot Tracker, & Voting FAQs
- Frequently asked questions - Voting
- How do I register to vote?
- Absent Voter Ballots - The Process
- How do I obtain an Absentee Ballot?
- Voter ID Requirements
- Voting Equipment Information - used by Oakland County
- League of Women Voters Election Information (no election information at this time)
- Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP.gov)
County Links to Candidates and Proposals
Information for Election Inspectors:
Election Day Management Training Videos for Election Inspectors: