Candidate Information for the March 1, 2022 State Representative Special Election.
Filing Deadline – Running for Local Office
The Clerk’s office will receive filings by appointment only should you need notarial services for the Affidavit of Identity portion of the application. To make an appointment, please contact the Township Clerk by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 248-625-5113. As an added convenience Independence Township accepts documents such as affidavits that have been e-notarized or remotely notarized. Electronic and remote notarization can only be performed using an approved vendor system or platform. See electronic Notary Service list from SOS office.
Once your affidavit has been notarized, paperwork may be dropped off at the Township's Clerk's office.
The nonrefundable filing fee ($100) must be submitted in form of a check made out to Independence Township, no cash will be accepted. Applicants filing for candidacy must do so prior to 4:00 PM on (deadline date).
- Township Supervisor Candidate Information (Two-year Term)
Candidates can also find detailed information from the State and County websites. Below are links that may be helpful to candidates:
- Oakland County - Campaign Finance Requirements
- Sate of Michigan - Candidate Requirements for Filing for Office
- State of Michigan - Candidate Campaigning Dates and Deadlines
- State of Michigan Campaign Finance Searchable Data Base
- Voter/Election Information Request-FOIA
Political Signs ordinance