Procedures for Final Water Bills

Congratulations on the purchase of your new property in Independence Township!

For homes connected to Independence Township water, please contact our office at (248) 625-8222, to make sure the billing has been switched into your name and that a final bill has been ordered.

We require a 24-48 hour notice to prepare water bill for the seller/owner. To order a “Final Bill” an address change form needs to be completed and can be found under “Forms & Permits” on our website or by contacting the DPW office at (248) 625-8222 and requesting the address change form be emailed or faxed to you.

The water bills stay with the property, which means if a final bill was not scheduled, and then the new owner of the property will be responsible for any outstanding balances if they apply.